Hello everyone, I hope that you all have had an amazing week. Crazy to think that summer is coming to an end, but also what a great new school year or year it is going to be for everyone.
This week has been a crazy week. I have been able to look at and see a few things that have happened this week and every time I say to myself " that happened this week, WHAT!"
Monday night was a little eventful, Elder Ford and Elder Marin came to get our car so they could take it to a zone conference. We answered the door and Elder Ford was holding a baby lizard. It was so cute, and so much fun to hold. After talking and playing with the lizard the Elders went to leave and they threw the lizard in our apartment. The lizard was freaking out. He was breathing so fast. I got him out and to say the least he was probably really happy to be done with humans.
Then on Tuesday we had a Zone Conference. It was a lot of fun, we were able to go with the STLs. It is always too much fun to spend time with them. I always love conferences. I am able to learn so much and edify myself. Also knowing how I can help the people that we are teaching! We were able to sit with the sisters and the APs at lunch. Let me just say that I don't want to have their job. They don't get sleep and have to be at everything, they do so much for the mission. It is crazy, but a lot of fun to talk to them and get to know them more.
Surprise, we had our interview with President right after. They are always so much fun. I am so lucky to have him as my mission president and be able to work with him and get to know him better!
One of the Young Men who has been coming to lessons with us got his mission call. So we were going to go. Well we didn't have a car so we were going to go bike mode. We'll get out and Sis. Manwarings tire was flat and we didn't have a bike pump. So the race was on, luckily a member saw us and was going too and stopped to pick us up. After running across the street we got there, and it was so much fun to see the love and support and to be able to be a part of it. Almost to the day, it was a year since I opened my mission call, oh what a good way to remember it and the blessing that it has been in my life! He is going to Guatemala City. So exciting for him!
Then we had a lesson with the probation boys, we talked about the Armour of God with an orange. And they loved it, but it is also a good reminder of what we need to be doing in life to have God with us and for him to never leave us!
When we were done with the lesson all of the sudden Joseph runs out and tells us that Perry had made us some hamburgers. We went in and he handed us our burgers, as I took the first bite I heard a big crunch between the two pieces of bread, it was the crunchiest hamburger I’ve ever eaten. It was so nice of him to think of us and to have that for us.
We were able to go to Gaylenes this week. She is doing good, but could use some prayers. She is struggling with the Word of Wisdom. Once she gets through this then she will be good and ready for baptism. She is stubborn, but who isn't to be honest. And we will keep working with her and she will be ready soon! Fingers crossed!
We went on mini Exchanges with the sisters and I was able to go with Sister Merrill, and she is so amazing I love her so much. We were able to go to Centro Hispano and be able to teach together. It was so helpful to be able to see how she does it and then work with her and teach with her. She is a missionary that I strive to be like she is so kind and thoughtful of everyone and just amazing!
On Thursday we were able to go and have lunch with a member, they were so cute and cooked us some good hamburgers! Haha But they are so sweet and kind to feed us and then have a nice conversation with them. We were able to go up to Mormon’s Fort and help with a service up there. I was in charge of the cow station they had a little (fake) cow named Betsy and the kids were able to milk her. Haha they all loved it. A fun activity for the hot sun. It started raining so we had to bring her in, but it was cool to be able to walk around and see how the saints settled into Vegas!
Rosa she is so cute, we are trying to help her prepare for baptism. She is having a hard time reading the Book of Mormon and so hopefully she will get better at that and we can help her prepare for baptism.
And then Friday and Saturday weren't too exciting just working and helping others come closer to Jesus.
Sunday was a good day, both of the wards were amazing. We were able to help in young women's, they were teaching the 10 Commandments and they are something that I have come to love on my mission. Knowing that we have been given these rules to protect us NOT to hurt us. And make it possible for us to return to live with our Father in heaven! Ah, I love that Man!
All of the girls are so sweet and so much fun to work with, they all have this light about them and just want to learn more. They want to share their testimony with others.
We went to an amazing family's house for dinner, it is the best when they remind you of your family. And the best dinner table conversation, never a dull moment haha!
And then a night of visiting families in the ward. They are all so much fun and I am so grateful to be able to get to know all of these different people!
But the best part of my day was when the sun went down there was am amazing lightning show. It lit up the sky and went on forever. It is so amazing to see mother nature work and is so beautiful! I love the rainstorms here, it gets a little humid but is so much fun to have a fresh smell in the nasty Vegas.
I want to share with you all a scripture that has touched my heart this week. Helping me know that God is with me and that he is always there for me!
Moses 6:32-34
32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.
34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.
I love how God is saying do all that you can, share the gospel with all that you can. Choose this day and become better, become and do the best that you can do for the one who made
you. When we open our mouth if we are prepared then He is going to put the words that we need to say in them. I will help you do the good. And when you do this then I will help you get over the mountains and rivers or I will move them for you. But my favorite part that he says is WALK WITH ME! Isn't that so amazing he is telling us to walk with him, to be with him and to do all that we can to be with him. Because he is the one person in this world who can protect us and make sure that we are doing what we can to continue to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The reminds me of the poem Footprints by Margaret Fishback
Powers. go read it. It is so amazing. But God is with us and is never going to leave us, he is going to lift us during these hard times and make sure that we are not going alone. He would never do that to us. We need to remember the sacrifice that He was willing to make for each and every one of us. They he bled from every pore and he died for you and me! Knowing that just gives me chills and that I can move forward. Even though it can be hard and it doesn't seem like we can, but it is possible with our Savior. Because this time on earth may not seem like it but it is just a moment, a blink of the eye, to help us prepare for the time that we become Gods and Goddesses. Do not drag your feet in the sand and think that you can't, because you can, we all can. Because of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all so much and hope that you have the most amazing week!
Si Se Puede!











No comments:
Post a Comment