Oh my goodness I can't believe that it has been another week and now we are on the last week of transfers. Time is a crazy thing and something that I try not to think about or I get stuck. Haha but I am freaking out because I am almost on my last transfer and that is something that I thought would never happen. I have been blessed to serve in the NLVM. (BEST MISSION EVER!!!)
Monday we were able to have fun with some of the sisters in our zone, their elders had covid and our elders wanted to do other things so we got together and made a couch boat and wrote emails and talked. Just a good day to relax. I think it is something that we all needed!
And then a night full of contacts and knocking doors.
Then Tuesday we went over to Trish’s and had a lesson with her. She got her temple recommend this last week and is going with the ward to the temple. So we are so happy and excited for her. She is going through a lot right now, we were able to talk about that and things that she can do to feel better about everything. She wants her husband to come to church and she is having a hard time with him. We told her that we are going to make some BOMs for her with Jesus on them to give one to him and they can start reading the scriptures together. Little by little, she is going to help him. It was so sweet after the lesson she looked at me and said, you can't leave me, I am not ready for you to go and started to cry and that made me tear up. It was so cute, she is so sweet and I love her. We then went to a lady named Amy who is less active. She is going through a lot of struggles and we were able to reach out and go and visit with her. It is crazy the things that can happen when we have God in our lives compared to when we don't. She was nice but not ready for any big changes. We are glad that we could be here as a support and to be a friend to her!
Later that day we had a lesson with Jason, he was really late. So it gave us time to talk about our plans with him. He is someone who is not ready at this time to be baptized, which is hard to say. We were able to talk to him about it. We are stopping teaching him but he is going to come to activities and church sometimes and then when he and his mom are ready they are going to reach back out to us.
When Jason wasn't there, Cormic his fellowship, we were talking to him and he said to us. If you were not on a mission and were a lot younger you would be a part of the boys. Haha well I am glad that he sees me as a friend. I wish I was a few years younger too but, haha, I am only 20!
We then went to the Murray's. On Monday we felt that we needed to reach out and see how Sister Murray is doing and go and visit her. And it was a good thing we did that, she went back to work after her accident and it has been really hard for her. We were able to talk to her and be a listening ear for her. I was able to tell her what she means to me and what she has done for me while I have been in the area. She is like a mom to me and that is something that I really appreciate. I know this is really hard for her but with God all is possible.
We then went to English class and we had 3 NEW students and it was amazing!!! They were so willing to learn more and wanted it. And then one of the families showed up, and our cute Monica. We had a full house and everyone was teaching. It felt so good. I was teaching Monica and Elder Hill decided to help me out. It was so funny, Mónica knows a lot of English but Elder Hill was being an elder who . . . let's just say he knows no Spanish. So me and Monica had a little fun with it and played along with him, it went really well. They all want to come back and learn more. And Lumy is going to try and come to church on Sunday!
Wednesday we opened the morning with a vehicle training on zoom, all of the senior missionaries were able to give trainings on everything that we need to do. They are so funny, they all gave their little things and they just love missionary work and it is so much fun to see them.
Right after that we had a zone meeting, it was such a good meeting, we were able to get pumped up about the week and everything that we need to do!
We have a good small zone and so it makes it a lot of fun. But we also all know each other and have good relationships.
We had a lesson with Tiffany and it was amazing. She set a baptism date for herself, it is for June but it is a goal and something that she going to work towards. This is a big step for her and we are really excited! We had a good lesson of making sure that we do everything we can to take care of ourselves and rely on the Savior.
We then went to the Caceres family's home. It has been fun to be able to grow a relationship with them. They were so cute and they made cookies for us. We were able to play a fun Jesus game with them. We had a lot of good laughs and a fun time at their house. They were so sweet and gave us a bunch of food to take home. We didn’t have time to go home and it was really nice because that is what we had for dinner. We then went to the Relief Society activity and we painted flowers. It was a lot of fun because Tehani, who is on-date , came with us and she loved it all and all of the ladies. A lot of good laughs and good times. Then we went and knocked a few doors, one lady that we haven't had contact with in a while and she is doing good. It was good because we were able to set up a lesson with her and we haven't for a while. We knocked a few more doors and finished on a good night.
Thursday was a crazy day, we went and got our booster shots. Sister Conover and Bartschi, in our zone, were going so we decided to go with them to save on our miles. So we went together, it was a party, we got our shots and then went to Café Río, then some Crumbl cookies. So much fun and a good way to spend the afternoon. Then we went to the church and practiced a song that I will be singing at Tehani’s baptism. I am ready excited because it is a song she loves and I am going to surprise her with it. So I am really excited. And then we did our weekly planning, it went really well and we were able to apply things.
We then went and had dinner at Sister Duddeck’s home and got to know her better. She is a single lady. She was super nice and we had some really good lasagna. It was really good!!!
Then we went to the James family's home. The dad felt like reaching out to his neighbor and wanted us to meet him and talk about religion. He was funny. He goes to the Hope Church and we got to hear all of his story. It was good to get to know him but he is very strong about what he believes and he went on for a long time!!! It was funny. Very shortly we were able to talk about the restoration and the plan of salvation.
He was very open to hearing things but stuck in his ways, it was interesting but a good learning experience. He only reads the Bible so we were able to read only from the Bible and it was really good for me to be able to focus on the Bible. And to learn more!
We were so tired that night and we were in the car talking, so what did I do? I laid my seat all the way back. And we turned on some of our favorite songs and just sat there and listened. It was so much fun to be able to take a few minutes to feel good.
Friday I was doing great but everyone was dead from the booster shot.
We had a lesson in the morning and she forgot. So we went and got a few other things done. We had our district council and it was really good, and as always we were able to learn a lot!
We made a lot of phone calls and had some lessons. Then we went over to Guadalupe’s for dinner. She is so cute and such a latina, her Spanish is so hard to understand. But she is so cute and wants to feed us. She made us carne but she likes her carne BURNT. so we had burnt carne, it was still so good. They are so funny. And then they brought out their dogs for us to meet and they were so cute. They were selling them and wanted us to meet them before they were gone. So sweet!!!
Also in her house she has a picture of the last supper but it is bedazzled. Haha I thought you would all enjoy that!!
After that we went over to Matilde’s, and Hermana Loso was coming with us. We got there and asked our fellowship where she was. She said she was running late and just leaving. WHAT! Well she lives 30 minutes away, she was very late. Good thing Matilde was chill but still, ah life doesn't go right. But they just clicked and got along so well. Hermana Loso talked about her conversation and what helped her. Well by the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized!! SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED FEBRUARY 12TH!!!! We are so excited and happy for her, this is something that she wants and she is going to keep working towards it.
Saturday morning we went and visited Sister Bruch (Brooke) she is a crazy lady, all she talked about was covid and all of her crazy analogies. Well, good thing we have the living gospel of Jesus Christ and Christ is going to come and save us. So I am not too worried.
We then went to Desert Bloom Park and talked to a lot of nice people. There was a cute mom and daughter and they were so nice. It is so cool to watch people and see the light they have when they talk about Jesus! And then we went to talk to some Samoens.
Well they were Members. We walked right up to them and they said sisters. We were able to get to know them a little bit. They asked what we were doing, we told them we were trying to get to know people and share the gospel. Well one thing led to another and I said, well . . . you know us missionaries having fun going down and having a party in the strip. Well they thought that was so funny. I said just make sure that you don't tell anyone. When the conversation was over they jokingly said, we will make sure to say something to your leaders!!! I love that we are able to get to know the members and have a good time with them.
Then that night we had two of our lessons fall through, we were there at the church with fellowship and they never showed up. Haha good thing the Members are so nice and we shared a message with them but we love people who don't show up.
But we had a great lesson with Toya and her daughter Sasha. She was so cute and told us all about her beliefs. We had a good lesson being able to talk about Alma the younger and his story. Well at the end I asked if I could say the prayer, I started the prayer and half way though I started to say the prayer in Spanish. I caught myself and I was trying to think of the words in English. And then I hurried and finished it. It was so funny, I can't believe it happened, but what are you going to do!
Sunday was a good day, we had so many people come to church! It was so exciting. We had a family bring their daughter-in-law, she is not a member, but she wants to learn more. Tehani and Vincent found some friends and are getting to know people in the ward and everyone else had someone to sit with. To say the least, I felt like a mom who had her kids grow up. It was so sad but so good. And then in the Spanish branch we had a lady who came to our English class for the first time, she also came to church. She is so cute and wants to learn more! It just made us so happy, Sacrament meeting was amazing, they talked about the first two missionary lessons. When it was over she asked where she could get a BOM for herself! She said I would love to learn more, how can I? I think that is one of the best things you could say to a missionary.
That night we went over to the Murray's for dinner and we had a great time with a Spiderman suit and president White put on the mask. It was so funny, a lot of good laughs and conversations. We made s'mores for dessert. Sister Murray is still having a hard time, we were able to talk with her. I just wish I could help her!
I want to share with you all Helaman 5:6-12!
6 Behold, my sons, I desire that ye should remember to keep the commandments of God; and I would that ye should declare unto the people these words. Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first parents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good.
7 Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them.
8 And now my sons, behold I have somewhat more to desire of you, which desire is, that ye may not do these things that ye may boast, but that ye may do these things to lay up for yourselves a treasure in heaven, yea, which is eternal, and which fadeth not away; yea, that ye may have that precious gift of eternal life, which we have reason to suppose hath been given to our fathers.
9 O remember, remember, my sons, the words which king Benjamin spake unto his people; yea, remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world.
10 And remember also the words which Amulek spake unto Zeezrom, in the city of Ammonihah; for he said unto him that the Lord surely should come to redeem his people, but that he should not come to redeem them in their sins, but to redeem them from their sins.
11 And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance; therefore he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringeth unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the salvation of their souls.
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Oh my goodness, these verses are so powerful and so personal at the same time. This gospel is the way and it is the only way. Because of it we are all able to have eternal life, but the most amazing blessing of being with our families FOREVER. I don't know about you but that is something that I want more than anything. But then because this the way, the only way, that we are able to receive it is by the power of the ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST. That it is because of Him, that is why it is all in pink because it is His love for each and everyone of us. He gave us everything. All we have to do is repent, how simple is that. How blessed we are to have someone who knows all that we are going through and can help us. He paid the price. He asked Father, Abba take this cup from me, if it be they will. But He needed to go through that for us, what a blessing!!! And our souls shall be set free, I think that is so kind of Him to set my soul free and not be trapped in a dark place ever. That backpack of weights can be taken off from us and we give it to Him.
And as the adversary works on us and hard things come, we can turn to Him IF we build our foundation on that ROCK the rock of Him and His gospel. We will not be moved and saved forever. He is my rock that I am going to hold onto forever and how blessed I am to have him in my life. I love my Savior with my whole heart and am blessed that I will not fall as I keep Him with me and turn to him. I love him so much and have come to feel of the love that He has for others.
I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!
With all my LOVE,
HERMANA JACKSON
No comments:
Post a Comment