Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Zone Conference!!!

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all amazing. It has been a good week, just like every other week! 

On Monday night, we had a phone call lesson with a sweet lady named Tammy. We are trying to help her come to church and read the Book of Mormon. She loves it every time we call and you can just hear the change in her voice but. She is not sure this is what she wants, so we are trying to help her find the truth. 


And then we had a pass-off Lesson with some sisters in our mission. Sister Poulsen and Sell, they are so cute. It is a lady in our area and it is someone that was in their area and now we are going to go and visit. It was fun for the sisters to be able to catch up on what’s going on, and then we explained the situation. They were so sweet and kind! We are hopefully going to see them at our English classes. After the lesson was over we went to Canes drive through and got food and then went home! It was a good night, we were able to have a good night of lessons and different things. 


Tuesday we woke up and did a zoom meeting with the other zone that we have sisters in. It was very good and informational, something that was good for the missionaries in the area. They talked about things they can do to continue the work in the area and help the people progress towards baptism. I love that they all care and want to work together! Then we went to lunch with Sister Starks and May, we had a good lunch and then talked about things they are doing for their area and how it is doing with the work. There are things that we can all work on and they are doing their best to do it. It was good for us to be able to talk because they helped us find things that we need help with and they got things from us. A little tender mercy this nice man paid for all of our food. It was so kind and just made my heart so happy there are a lot of good people in this world. 


We then went and knocked some of the Latinos doors in our area. To try and get a hold of them or to even see if they are still living there. And then we went and visited some of our other sisters who were having a hard time. It was good and just what they needed. But also a good time to get to know them a little more and what they like to do, and how we can help them. 


Straight from that we went and visited a family who just moved into our ward. They are so cute, the daughter is in love with the missionaries and is so happy every time we go over and it is the sweetest thing ever. And then we went to English class, it was amazing because we all had to split up and teach someone. It was so much fun, I was able to teach Monica and I love her so much. She just was talking about how she doesn't want me to leave. It just made my heart so sad. But I have been so blessed to be able to spend this time with her.


Wednesday we had a lesson with Tiffany, it was really good. We had our fellowship meet a lady that is coming back to the church. It was so amazing they connected on every level. She was able to relate and give thoughts and feedback on things that could help her. And then we talked about how God is always good for us and is going to help us. That everyone is going through something and she is not the only one, but that is why we have the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We were talking about baptism and how we set goals and make plans so that we can progress. By the end she is going to pray about a date and then our next lesson we are going to talk about it. We are so happy for her and this is huge for her, she has made it so far!! 


And then we went and knocked doors and were trying to visit members and check in on others. Well all of the sudden, we knocked on the door of a lady that we needed to get in contact with. Her husband died a month to that day, it was the perfect timing. It was so good and we were able to get to know her and she opened up to us a lot. It was amazing and so glad that we could be there for her. 


We had an amazing lesson with Vincent and Tehani and we had a recent convert join us for the lesson and it went so well. He taught most of the lesson and answered all of their questions, this all helped her feel better. It was so amazing and we were so blessed to have him there. We went over all of the interview questions and what she would be talking about. And then we set up her interview for this last Sunday. She is so cute and so excited. 




From there we went to the Christensen’s, we had a good lesson and visit with them. We were able to do a Jesus Christ game with them and then talk about why He is so important to us and to them. I always love going over to their home and visiting with them. They are amazing and just the best!!! 

Thursday was the St Rose Zone conference, we had to talk at it because that is where most of our sisters are. It went so good! Everyone was really kind, and the spirit was so strong. Some of the elders in our zone asked where we went and talked to Elder Scott about it and then went and talked to Sister and President Rodarte. They are so good and it was so much fun. And then we had some papers for Sister Conover and Bartschi and we did some planning with them. It was good to get out of the house and do something different. We still did our work and did the planning for the week but it was good to be able to get out of the house and do something else. 


Then we went to Guadalupes and she was so cute, she made us tacos and they were cute. We were able to visit with them and eat some amazing food. We are going to hopefully start reading the Book of Mormon with her. They are so cute, just a little latina!  


Friday we went and had our Zone Conference in the morning, it was really good. We were able to see a lot of good people and I got to see Sister wright. But then we had a really good council. I was able to learn a lot of things that I needed to do and to improve on. Life is hard and missionary work is not easy but once we have our own conversion then it’s a lot easier to help others come unto Christ, we are also able to rely on the Lord for the work. It was good!! 


Then after we went and had some yummy food and I was able to see Sister Peterson. It was so much fun. Then we went and filled up the air in our tires, we hurried as fast as we could, we ran around to find a gas station we could fill our tires with, but after all of the madness, one of the machines were not working this cute worker, who is a member, gave us coins so we could go to another gas station. It was the sweetest thing ever, just the little things. 


We went over to Monica’s for English class and when we got there she opened the door and told us her mom made us tamales and salsa. Instead of having English class for 50 minutes, we had tamales and salsa, beans, rice, a pasta salad..so we had 10 minutes for English class. The fun part is we got to practice our Spanish and get to know her family better. When we were talking, these tiny puppies came walking out, her dog was pregnant and she didn’t even know it. So I got to hold tiny little puppies, my favorite.


After that we were knocking on doors and had to drop something off for Tehani and Vincent so we got a really good but small visit with them. Just what I needed, they are so cute. I was able to share my testimony about the Book of Mormon with them and how it has changed me. It was amazing. Then we had a lesson with Mike and he brought his friend that is a girl, you know what I mean. Well it was so much fun also because I know her. But we were able to talk about family history and he is working on getting his temple recommend. 


After that we went over to Matildes with Hermano Perez and had a lesson with her. We were able to talk about church with her and the things that she needs to do, and also the things we need to help her with to get to church. 


Saturday morning we went and cleaned the church, always a party when none of the Latinos show up or they do when it is all over. It was good and a good way to mix up our morning. We then went and had a lesson with the Cacares family, and that was a blast. The Aughter had friends over that joined us and they are non-members. It was cool to be able to explain everything and have the daughter help. We then went and talked to a few people when we were walking around. There was this young man that we were talking to. He was so sweet and told us that he would love to hear a message, he was working on his car but was so down for a message. He was really nice and talked about how he would love to come to church so we are hoping and praying that he comes. He was awesome, before we left he gave us a side hug. I was freaking out inside, but he was the nicest thing. And then we talked to a family. It was the sweetest thing that they love Jesus. We gave the little kids a picture of Jesus and she asked, who is the baby? And then we said his name is Jesus. Oh baby Jesus, wow. And she loved it. They were a cute family. 


Our lesson with Chalo cancelled, but we decided to call him anyways, he knows a lot about the BOM. All of the sudden he asked us, how can I become a member in your church? and we said “baptism” so we talked about it. He was like wait that is something I need some more time on, but it’s a possibility. We are happy for him. 


Sunday was great, we had meetings from 7 am to 2pm and then right off to work, how I like it. It is always enlightening and something that I love. And being able to help our friends come closer to Christ is amazing. We then went to the church and had Tehani’s baptism interview and that went so so good. She is so ready and prepared that she was in and out. It was good because I got to get to know Vincent more and what he likes to do. Over all amazing. 


And then we had an amazing dinner with the Walker family. I just love them so much, they are one of my favorites, which I have a lot of them. But a good visit and one that was needed.  It was a good week with a lot of crazy things, but, it is crazy how time is flying. A lot of moments this week that are hitting me a little harder, but it is really good. It is helping me see how how much I am grateful for everything I have learned!! 


This week I started to read the BOM again, this time I am going to go through and mark all his names, and Christlike attributes, and when it talks about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It makes me so happy to be able to go through and do this, this week has been an interesting week. And so making time to do that this week brings in a lot of peace into my life and helps me to find the joy in the little things. I wanted to find a way that I could come closer to my Savior Jesus Christ and this is the one I felt like I needed to do! It is amazing and I just cherish my Books of Mormon so much. I know that the Book of Mormon can do the same for you, it is another testament of Jesus Christ and I love that it can solve life's problems! 


In the introduction it says, "We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.)


Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the Second Coming of the Messiah." 


Find out what it means to you because it is so amazing! 


I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you!


Have an amazing week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...