Friday, October 2, 2020

Here We Go! Week 1

Wow I can’t believe it is already time for me to be sending out my first email. I am loving the work here in the MTC, or the CCM in Mexico. The days are long and filled with a lot of information, and there is never time to kill. We are always doing something, from classes at the beginning and the end of the day and filling the rest of the day with workshops and studies. Because I am learning the Spanish language there is a lot of memorizing to do, but I am loving getting to know the language and meeting new people. 


My companion is Hermana Brasher, she is from Alabama and she will be serving in Argentina. She just got reassigned to Temple Square and I am so happy for her. We are both red heads and that adds a different connection for us but for the most part we like the same things. She is so fun to get to know. 


I have an amazing district, they are so fun and energetic and know how to have a good time but when it is time to work they are good to do all they can and make it count. One thing that I love about my district is we set up time aside from our studies two or three times a week and do our own study with the district and do “get to know you” things, we now call that time hoodie and blanket time, we all get comfortable and then get to work. We are becoming a little family and I love it. My teachers' names are Hermana Olvera and Hermano Salinas. 


For me this week has been crazy fun, I love this gospel and love getting to be able to prepare to serve the Lord. Even though it is a lot of hard work doing the Lord's work and being able to know that what you are about to go out and do is something that can change lives. 


One funny little story that happened this last week, we were in our later class (evening) and Hermano Salinas was having us repeat words back to him to make sure we knew them and were pronouncing them correctly, well, one Elder’s wifi was a little slower and it was staticky. We all started to respond back to our teacher and all of the sudden five seconds later you could hear a slow static voice repeating it afterwards. Well, this happened every time so we were all waiting just for it to happen. I kid you not, I was laughing so hard I couldn't speak and I was crying. I haven't laughed that hard in a while and it felt really good. 


I want to share a little something that I learned this week. It is 1 Nephi 6:5  “Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world.“


This is a short chapter but it is one worth reading. The Book of Mormon is a book that can help everyone in their own way through trial and tribulation but also during the good times. Our focus should be on the Lord and when we are doing good things then it will be good. The Book of Mormon is something that may not be pleasing to the world but has everything to do with what is pleasing to Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share my next adventure with you guys and hope you all have a great week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...