Friday, October 2, 2020

Another Week of Home MTC

Hey guys I have made it another week at home MTC, crazy how time flies. I am super happy I get the chance to email all of you. I hope that you are having an amazing week and things are all going well. For me this week has been a little crazy, but eventful and one that I am going to remember. 

On Thursday I got the opportunity to participate in zoom gym class, what... did you hear that right.. is probably what you are thinking. When I first read this on my schedule I was laughing, I couldn't believe this was a thing. Just think about online dodgeball and how fun that would be, hide and seek. This was going to be awesome and something that I was not going to forget. I got ready and signed and all of these kids were dressed up in Hawaiian outfits. Haha. We got started and we did just a 30 minute workout, push ups and sit up. We went from 10-20-30 and then back down. It was way fun and something that I wasn't expecting. And a good laugh.


Katie and Hermana Brasher
On Friday, it was a regular day. I had morning class and studying all day. I signed in to get onto my night class, (after signing in you have to wait for the teacher to let you in) we were all waiting and waiting. Longer than usual. After ten minutes we got an email from our teacher saying that his wifi wasn't working so he wanted us to log on as a district, gave us our assignments and our homework, he put someone in charge and said get to work. How crazy NO TEACHER! We all listened and did the work that he asked us to do.

It was a lot of fun to see how the missionaries responded in the situation. We finished an hour early, it felt so good to have a little time to myself and got to go out and get dinner with Mama Sister Jackson. It was a good change of pace and something that I needed.

 

On Saturday me and Hermana Brasher figured out how to take a screenshot on the computer and had a little too much fun so now I’ve got some photos for you guys.


Katie and the Hermana's from her CCM district. 
On Sunday, which was a very eventful day, I got to give my farewell talk three times! How fun to give your farewell talk as a missionary, I loved it, and I got to speak with a good friend in my ward who just started his MTC, Stephen Goodrich. I got to speak at three times because we have three sacrament meetings with covid. It felt so good to feel the spirit that is in Sacrament meeting. When partaking of the sacrament there is a peace and ashurity that things are going to be okay and God is here for us. I LOVE that feeling.  It was so good to see all of my friends and family again, and get the opportunity to talk with them. 


Nothing too exciting happened the rest of the week. But I am loving the work that I am doing. It can get hard sitting at a computer for around 12 hrs. a day, with all of the studying and memorizing, but I know that I am doing the right thing and that through Christ and with His help I am going to make it through and become a good missionary.


The spiritual thought that I am going to share with you this week is from a devotional that I heard last night. Let me tell you this was one of the most amazing devotionals that I have ever been able to listen to, it felt like they were speaking to me, and it was something that I truly needed to hear. 


A quote by Elder Uchtdorf says, "When public restrictions are lifted again we are wise to resist the temptations of going back to the 'old ways,' which too often didn't work too well anyway. you need to 'go back to the future' - and I promise you a very bright future with new and exciting opportunities. This work will move forward and upward."

 

This is my time, my time to serve a mission, the time that the Lord wanted me to serve. He would not have asked me to serve during this time and put me here if he didn't know that I could do it. He has given me these opportunities to help me learn and grow not to hurt me and push me down. During this time I can't look at the past when my Dad and Sister served a mission and think why didn't I get that opportunity. Why is it different? Because during this time, the world is changing and so are people. I am getting the experiences that are going to help me and benefit me in so many ways. I need to look up with a high head and know that these are my days. I need to make the best out of it and show that I can do it and that God put me here for a reason. That could be to help me in some way or for someone that I could be teaching in the future. God knows us and knows what we are capable of. Do not disappoint Him.

 

For each and everyone of you, think of where you are and what you are doing. See how God has blessed you and why He has put you in this world at this moment. Make sure that you are looking to a good future and not what happened in the past. It is gone and past, make the future your time and moment and the best that it can be. I encourage you to find the good that God has put in your life during the pandemic. 

With all of my love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...