Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Who's the Latin?

Elder Jake Jackson Sent me a gift
of Nevada with my name on it.
One little story that I am going to share with you guys is called Who is the Latin. This is a game where the whole class picks someone in the class that can only speak Spanish. But the thing is everyone in the class is also speaking Spanish because at the end of the class the teacher tries to guess who the Latin was. Everyone is trying to trick the teacher so he doesn't know. This is something that is really funny and good for us all. We get to have fun and play a game but at the same time we are all practicing our Spanish and seeing how much we actually know. We have only played this game for two days but I think that it is going to help me a lot. And it is really hard for me to keep a straight face. 

Life is great, down to t-minus two weeks and trying to finish the MTC and get all of the information that I am going to need. Today me and my companion went to Deseret Book to get ready to go to the temple next week and then I leave for Vegas. 


Katie and Lydia making cookies 
after decorating punpkins.
I am so EXCITED to go through the temple, can I just tell you guys. This is something that I have been waiting for and something I can’t wait for, words can't describe my excitement. 


The spiritual thought that I would like to share with you guys this week is Moroni 7:46-48.

It says:

“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail- But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when He shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.”


Some of the District with our sub on her
last day, sad goodbye.

I was going over some scriptures this week and this is one that came back to me that I had forgotten about and it is one of my favorite scriptures. What a reminder that it is to all of us, that we all need charity in our lives and that this is something that will help us get to God in the last days. That we need charity for others but also for ourselves, that if we are not charitable to ourselves it is just the same if we don’t have charity for others. God Loves each and every one of us so much and this is something that we have to remember. It can be hard but once we find the light in us and love ourselves then we will be able to love others. 


I love you and are grateful for all the examples that you are in my life, thank you! I hope you all have a great week!

Love you always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...