Ladies and Gentlemen it has been another week, and I am loving the work out here! The one thing that I have learned out here this week when one door closes another door opens. Also, one thing that I would love is if you all sent me your favorite Atonement scripture! I would really appreciate it! Jesus Christ is the most amazing person ever, how can you just not love him! And the warm and amazing spirit that you feel, and what a friend!
This week has been a quiet an interesting one. At the end of the day Hermana Sanchez and I look back and it looks like we did five days in one. We quite often say, "Wait, that happened today!" Haha that can be a good thing! It has also been a weird week with the people that we are teaching. One person dropped us and it has been hard to get a hold of the others. But it has been a little hard and sad that way.
But we have been praying for more opportunities to find and be specific in our prayers, and fast Sunday was awesome being able to fast for a purpose and something that you want or need. And then on Saturday we found two new people and then on Sunday we found two more people. When one door closes another door opens! It was so amazing to be able to see how God provides a way for us to learn and to grow! When we are diligent and ask God for the things we are in need of and do all that we can to make it happen it is crazy to see how he is willing to help us out!
Saturday we bought some flowers and made some notes and went and dropped them off at members and Investigators houses! It was so much fun to do that and see one bouquet of flowers go a long way!
We also have been able to spend a lot of time outside in this beautiful weather! In Vegas right now it is beautiful! We have been doing most of our studies outside! And then we had district sports and we played some sports outside, and let me tell you it felt so good!
We also had exchanges! I love exchanges, they are so much fun! I was able to go with my sister Lefeber and we went all over UNLV campus and were contacting people. I tried to contact someone in Spanish and let's just say I am a little rusty. But it was so much fun to be with her and get to know her! It is so much fun to be with a bunch of different missionaries and be able to work with them! Let's just say I am blessed! We all at the end of the day went and got cookies, haha because you can never end without a treat! Haha
The scripture I want to share with you is my favorite atonement scripture right now Jacob 4:11-14
11 Wherefore, beloved brethren, be reconciled unto him through the atonement of Christ, his Only Begotten Son, and ye may obtain a resurrection, according to the power of the resurrection which is in Christ, and be presented as the first-fruits of Christ unto God, having faith, and obtained a good hope of glory in him before he manifesteth himself in the flesh.
12 And now, beloved, marvel not that I tell you these things; for why not speak of the atonement of Christ, and attain to a perfect knowledge of him, as to attain to the knowledge of a resurrection and the world to come?
13 Behold, my brethren, he that prophesieth, let him prophesy to the understanding of men; for the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly, for the salvation of our souls. But behold, we are not witnesses alone in these things; for God also spake them unto prophets of old.
I love the atonement so much and love how in vs 12 it asked a question one we probably all have and then it goes right back and answers it is by the Spirit we receive all truth it won't lie! But the spirit because man's prophecies are wrong we can't trust them. But by the Spirit we can know the truth of all things!
But also when we follow God and live by the ways of him he is going to bless us with the things that it talks about in vs 11.
I love you all and hope you all have the most amazing week ever!






No comments:
Post a Comment