Thursday, April 1, 2021

Charlie the Bird and Jesus the Dog!

We did exchanges with the STL's, it was good and a lot of fun. We were able to go to a service project where we helped the lady clean her house. She had a lot of animals, 4 dogs, 2 bunnies, and 1 bird. And the bird would not stop talking to us, it was so funny! The bird came on all of our shoulders, when he was on mine he didn't want to get off my shoulder! Haha and then at the end we washed her dogs. She had one tiny dog, and two medium dogs and then a big dog named Jesus. We cleaned Jesus! It was so funny the dogs kept running, getting wet and then running into the mud. Well in the end we were wet and had clean, wet dogs! 

Then a really spiritual experience this week! We had district council, which I love so much. Fun to see everyone and then talk about the mission and our areas. One of the sisters gave her spiritual thought on the Atonement and the blessing that it is in our life! Then the STL's shared a training and they mixed it up a little bit, they asked us all to open up our mission calls. We all did and then they asked us to read it, it was so cool to be able to read our call where we were assigned to. But there were missionaries whose calls were different then mine in the wording; they were the ones that got their calls before they switched it a little bit. But in all reality they all said the same things just in a different order. But when we opened up to it and were reading the spirit was so strong and we talked about why we all came on our missions. Remembering why I am here, and what got me here, was such a good reminder. After that we all went around the room and shared what is keeping us here. The spirit was so strong! It felt so good to remember why I am here. 


I am here to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone, giving them the same gifts and blessings that I have been blessed with my whole life. The opportunity to have a family and to be with them forever! The Plan of Salvation is so amazing and an amazing gift that God has given all of us! My family means the world to me and I am so so so blessed to be able to spend eternity with them. And how rude would it be of me to want to keep that to myself! I want to share that with everyone, but also because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I did not know how much love and appreciation that I had for him until I came on my mission and have called upon him every day. But also learning more of Him from the scriptures. But it is insane to me that someone loved me enough to want to sacrifice everything for me! But He loved us all to break the bonds of death and make it possible for the Plan of Salvation to work in our lives! Because of him I am able to feel the love that he has for others, and help them know and understand it! 


The spirit was so strong in the room, everyone shared an amazing testimony. I was so blessed to be able to be a part of it! 


Life is getting better, in life things don't always go our way but it is who we turn to and our attitude during it that will make the difference! "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son!" The best thing that I have done is to turn to Him and have Him help me. It is not something that has been easy and I am still working on it! But it is something that has blessed me so much and my relationship with him I love him so much! 


I want to share with you Helaman 15: 7-10


7 And behold, ye do know of yourselves, for ye have witnessed it, that as many of them as are brought to the knowledge of the truth, and to know of the wicked and abominable traditions of their fathers, and are led to believe the holy scriptures, yea, the prophecies of the holy prophets, which are written, which leadeth them to faith on the Lord, and unto repentance, which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart unto them—


8 Therefore, as many as have come to this, ye know of yourselves are firm and steadfast in the faith, and in the thing wherewith they have been made free.


9 And ye know also that they have buried their weapons of war, and they fear to take them up lest by any means they should sin; yea, ye can see that they fear to sin—for behold they will suffer themselves that they be trodden down and slain by their enemies, and will not lift their swords against them, and this because of their faith in Christ.


10 And now, because of their steadfastness when they do believe in that thing which they do believe, for because of their firmness when they are once enlightened, behold, the Lord shall bless them and prolong their days, notwithstanding their iniquity


I love these scriptures so much, and the help that we can receive from it! Remember the things you have learned and apply them into your life! Turn to the Lord and remember the faith that you have, and continue to turn to God and to make ourselves new with him! But also are you willing to put your weapons down in the world and know that things are going to be okay with him? 


I love that they were willing to put their weapons down because of their FAITH IN CHRIST! I want to become that way and I hope that I am. I love this gospel so much and everything about it, I could not imagine not having this joy in my life! Make sure that you are all turning to the Lord and telling him everything! 


I love you all so much and hope that you all have an amazing week! Keep shining bright and being the difference! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...