Thursday, April 1, 2021

Mission Life!

Hello everyone, I hope that you have had a good week! This week has been good and went by fast! 

The weather has been so nice this week, we have been able to walk to all our lessons without a jacket and do some of our studies outside. It is March and I just bought sunscreen, haha. I am going to be a red lobster this summer. 


We had an amazing mission-wide training, I just love when missionaries are all together. You know people who are with you have your same purpose, they are doing all they can to have a relationship with God and studying their scriptures. That means that the spirit is so strong and that you have all made and are keeping your covenants with Heavenly Father. How cool is that! I always learn so much personally and for my area! It is so cool! 


We were able to go over to the ward mission leaders home and make cookies with his wife! It was so much fun and so many cookies! It was so much fun to get to know her and be able to be in a real kitchen and feel the home-y feeling. Then this next week we are going to take them to a bunch of different people. 


This week's English class was so much fun! We taught this guy and he knew a lot more English than he led us to believe. We were able to teach him and have a conversation at the end. It is so much fun to get to know everyone, different backgrounds and experiences. People are so humble and I have so much that I can learn from all of them. 


Yesterday we had an amazing lesson with the Van De Vanters, a cute little family and their kids are recent converts. Being able to talk about Easter was so great, and when the little kids talk about Jesus and their faces light up! I love the joy that he brings to everyone and want to become as a child and the love that they have. 


The once crazy thing that happened this week is last night when we were walking to our last lesson we were crossing a crosswalk. We cleared both ways and were good to go all of the sudden I felt Hermana Larson grab my arm and yell Sister. All of the sudden this truck was coming at us and I yanked us forward. Well that was a close one and the truck driver was not nice at all. He didn't slow down and just stared at us. Let's just say that Vegas drivers stink and are not nice. But I am alive and things are all good! 



Nothing too big of a week just pressing forward! 


This week is Easter Sunday and General Conference Sunday! How exciting is that. What a special time to be alive, be able to remember the Lord and be able to hear from his prophet and apostles. 


There is this new challenge out it is called “Starting Today” and you can find it on gospel library. It is right on the front page or if you search up Easter then it is right there. I invite you all to do the challenge. That is going to help you guys each and every day to prepare for Easter and feel the spirit of Christ and the sacrifice that He was willing to make for each and everyone of us! 


If you want a chapter to help you feel the love of God and the blessings that come from his sacrifice read 3 nephi 11.


I know that Christ lives and he loves us. He was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for us, and making all the blessings in the world possible. 


I love you all and hope that you all take a question as you watch conference! Have an amazing week love you all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...