Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Exchanges

Hello everyone, I hope life is good for you! School is almost out and summer is just right around the corner. I hope you all have some fun plans and things you will be doing! 

This was my first full week in my new area. It has been a lot of fun meeting new people and this area! 


Last P-Day we were able to go watch The Lamb of God, and let me tell you that it was so good. The music is amazing and of course the stories, you should all go listen to it. It is worth it! We were able to go and visit Carolyn Jean this week, she is a sweet older lady who was baptized in October. She loves to meet with the missionaries. It was a lot of fun to get to know her and the things that she likes to do but also her conversion story and how she has been blessed by the gospel. She is someone who is willing to put in the work to find the answer and have an amazing relationship with God! I can't wait to continue to work with her! 


Another fun thing that happened was we had exchanges with the STL's and it was a lot of fun. I was able to do a lot of work in their area, but what is so amazing about the whole thing is the different things that you learn from different missionaries. The different points of view and how you can be better, but also the amazing relationships that you build. Getting to know other people and how you can help them! 


We have done a lot of street contacting this week, and last night was so amazing! We have been praying for the opportunity to find five people. We'll need to reach our goal and raise it. In our prayer before we left we told God to help us find our faith. Well we went out and only had about 45 minutes before the sun was going to come down and our next lesson. Well let's say we worked hard and talked to everyone and in that 45 minutes we found 5 people! What a blessing it was, I love how it is according to our faith and He delivered. It is all up to us, God is there to help us and give us what we need but it is not until we ask for help and guidance! 

It has been a good week, meeting a lot of new people and building relationships. 


This week I want to share a conference talk with you. It is in the April 2002 conference by Elder Cook and it is titled Charity. Let me tell you it is one of the most amazing talks I have listened to and I have learned so much from it. I encourage you all to go read it or just listen to and see what persona revelation God has or you! Something that I have been working on is Charity and love for others. To see them how God sees them. But in order for us to have love and charity for others we have to have it for ourselves, see ourselves as God does and love ourselves. That was a game changer and something that I haven't thought about before. Before I can do anything for anyone else I have to do it for myself first. Think about that! 


I love you all so much, and hope you are all loving the come follow me study! I hope you all have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...