We were also able to have Zone Conference! We love Zone Conference, we were able to have a lot of good trainings and were able to visit with a lot of good people.
One of the other crazy things that happened this week was we decided to make a group chat of people and invite them to church. We were a little hesitant to do it but after the success of other people in our district we decided to
go ahead and try it. Well, we sent out a mass group text and all of the sudden people were so mad and wanting out of the group. I spent an hour trying and it wasn't working. So after more rude texts from people I apologized and kept going with my day and trying to figure it out. After a few threats I finally decided to get some help. I called my DL and we met up with
him and another Elder to try and figure it out. Come to find out stupid Samsung won't let you remove people from the group chat so I had to go and delete all of my texts and remove notifications so they would stop. Well that helped a little. A few more death threats and we had a dinner appointment we went in and had a yummy dinner and then we came out and the phone was slowing down but my heart and stomach were not slowing down, we got in the car and I had a breakdown. Things were figured out to the point that they could, but I was so nervous that people were going to shoot down the church Sunday. Our elders don't know how to handle a girl with emotions so they were so funny to talk to. But we went to bed and got up the next morning and went to church and everything was fine and nothing happened. But the elders come up to me and say look Sister Jackson nothing happened, haha elders. And my Mission President was there and he said "hey, we are all safe". Oh maybe I was worrying a little too much. But what do you do?!?!
One amazing thing that happened this last week and a half is when we were street contacting we found 8 people. Well I found 8 people in Spanish, I was able to talk to them all and invite them to come and learn more. It was so much fun to be able to use my Spanish and get to know more people. But 8 people! I was so happy. The last person that we found her name was Olivia. We were going to our can and she was walking her dog, we stopped and talked to her, she spoke Spanish so I was able to explain we go to this church right behind me and what we believe. She’s elect, she believes in angels, it was so cool to get to know her and hear her testimony! She is so cute and I can't wait to get to know her better.
This week I want to Invite you all go and read Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf talk from April 2010 "Continue In Patience". This is a talk that helped me with my week to understand the love that the Lord has for me but also the love that I can have for others. That as I continue to look towards God for help he will help me and strengthen me as I do my best. God loves effort and he will double your efforts as you continue.
I love you all and hope that you all have an amazing week! Let me know what you are up to. I would love to hear from you all! Nos Vemos!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment