Monday, July 5. 2021
Hello everyone, Happy 4th of July! I hope you are all having a good holiday and had some fun celebrating America! We got transfer news and my companion and I are staying together and in the same area. It is crazy this is the first time that I am staying with the same companion and the longest I will be in an area. But it is exciting, I love all of the members and the people that we are teaching!
This week has been another good one. This week we went and visited with Gaylene again, she is so cute! We were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation, and she loved it. She kept saying that it makes sense and I love that, I WANT THAT! The spirit was so strong in the room, you could feel the spirit was teaching her and we were testifying of the spirit. We drew it on a whiteboard and showed her a lot of scriptures in the Book of Mormon. Helping her see the evidence of what we have! I am so excited to continue to work with her, she has a soft spot in my heart. We keep inviting her to things and she says no. But after she said no this time she texted back and said "keep asking because one of these times I will say yes and it is so sweet of you to ask me!" It made my heart so happy to know that she is changing and making room for Christ in her life. I love to see the change in everyone but
especially her!
Centro Hispano was amazing. We had good lessons with everyone that we were teaching. Let me just say I love the old Latinas they are adorable! They just make my heart so full and are so sweet to me. I can't wait until the day that I serve in a Spanish area and get to be with them all of the time! They make you feel so special and are so impressed that I am trying to learn Spanish. This week one of the ladies said to us, "Speak more English" in our
class. They all have this desire to learn more and help their families and friends. It makes me so grateful that we offer this class for them. Most of these people don't have a lot of money and this is the least of what I can do for them!
That night we went and visited the McCoy's, they are one of the amazing families in the ward that I have had the privilege to get to know. It was so sweet they had us over and we had smores and then we shared Alma 17. I love being able to go into members homes and share the blessings of a mission and what it has done for me and encourage their kids to do the same! It is something that has not been easy and I know it still won't be easy, but the change that I have made and the relationships that I have made, especially with my Heavenly Father and Savior
Jesus Christ, I wouldn't change those for the world! I can't wait to continue to work with their family and be with them!
On Thursday we found an Elote cart and got come Mexican corn! It is one of my favorite things in this world, and so much fun to get that! And we also were able to get some ice cream from these cute ice cream trucks. They are all over in Vegas and there is always music we can hear from the trucks. It is fun to listen to them and see all of the kids running to them!
We went and visited Bishop York's family, they are so funny. I felt right at home, they are so cute and know how to make you feel loved!
Friday was an amazing day! For the last three transfers I have had a hard time sleeping, I can't fall asleep and then once I do I can't stay asleep. Well after trying a few different things and getting suggestions from people, I decided to get a priesthood blessing for it! And let me tell you it was one of the most amazing blessings that I have ever gotten in my life! It was very sweet to me because I have been able to grow a relationship with some of the elders in my district and they are such good people and good friends. And so all of them got to participate in the blessing and I just felt so much peace and comfort with them all and the love that my Savior has for me.
I didn't tell Elder Taylor, the one who was giving me the blessing, what was going on. He just went for the blessing, and my jaw dropped because in the blessing he hit on every single thing that I was going through and even other things. It was so cool and amazing, one of the best blessings I have relieved but also a sign of how God knows us individually and loves us. He knows what we are going through and how to help us. And even the things that we need to hear.
I am also SO SO SO blessed for the power of the priesthood in my life, and the worthy men in my life who hold it. It is something that has changed my life and changed me. It gives me the chance to know of the power of God! No words can describe how grateful I am to have it in my life!
And then the Probation Boys! Let me just say that I had the most amazing lesson with them ever, on Friday. At the beginning they started to open up more and share more about themselves. I felt like the relationship was growing so much and they are making a change in their life and it is so cool to watch! It was so much fun to just have a good laugh with them! But then we also taught them the Word of Wisdom and they took it like champs! They understood the importance and we invited them to pray about it and to ask why? It is something that God has asked us to do but also if it is something that they need to do! They all have a desire to stop and it is so cool to see them want to! Oh I love them all so much, and we have amazing fellowship in that ward (a few young men) and they have helped us so much to teach. But also helping them prepare for their missions!
Saturday we had a steak breakfast for the 4th and it was so cool. We had one of our investigators come and he loved it! And it was Elle’s Birthday, Happy Birthday! I love that I got to talk to her.
And then the 4th! We had a good day, we had 2 amazing sacrament meetings and Sunday school classes. Then we were able to go to the Hicken’s for dinner. They are so much fun to talk to and get to know, so sweet and friendly, and for some reason when I am over at their house I drink so much water. Well yesterday I drank 6 water bottles and left on the 7th. Oh it felt like I had abs because my stomach was so tight with all of the water that I had, hehe! And then we went over to Anna's because Alii had to work and spent some time with her. We did some finding and with her we set up some lessons with some of her friends. It was so cool to do some member missionary work with her and also her desire to help us! We love that!
This week I would love to share with you all something from the D&C reading this week! It is going to be in D&C 75. We were going through this chapter with a member and it was so cool the personal revelation that I was able to receive. But also it is so cool!
10 Calling on the name of the Lord for the Comforter, which shall teach them all things that are expedient for them—
11 Praying always that they faint not; and inasmuch as they do this, I will be with them even unto the end.
12 Behold, this is the will of the Lord your God concerning you. Even so. Amen.
13 And again, verily thus saith the Lord, let my servant Orson Hyde and my servant Samuel H. Smith take their journey into the eastern countries, and proclaim the things which I have commanded them; and inasmuch as they are faithful, lo, I will be with them even unto the end.
14 And again, verily I say unto my servant Lyman Johnson, and unto my servant Orson Pratt, they shall also take their journey into the eastern countries; and behold, and lo, I am with them also, even unto the end.
16 And he who is faithful shall overcome all things, and shall be lifted up at the last day.
20 And in whatsoever house ye enter, and they receive you not, ye shall depart speedily from that house, and shake off the dust of your feet as a testimony against them.
22 And it shall be more tolerable for the heathen in the day of judgment, than for that house; therefore, gird up your loins and be faithful, and ye shall overcome all things, and be lifted up at the last day. Even so. Amen.
24 Behold, I say unto you, that it is the duty of the church to assist in supporting the families of those, and also to support the families of those who are called and must needs be sent unto the world to proclaim the gospel unto the world.
26 And let all such as can obtain places for their families, and support of the church for them, not fail to go into the world, whether to the east or to the west, or to the north, or to the south.
27 Let them ask and they shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto them, and be made known from on high, even by the Comforter, whither they shall go.
I love this chapter so much! I think everyone can get something different from it. But for me it all starts on 10,11, and 12. Pray unto the Father and give all that you have, and when you do that he is going to be there to comfort us and not leave us alone. But it is the will of the Father, He knows us all and our needs and is never going to leave us. We need to go to him in prayer and He is going to be with us to the end and think about that to the end. We don't have an end; He is going to be with us forever.
As we are faithful He is going to be with us and He says it again at the end of verse 14, he will be with us forever!
We shall be lifted up and overcome all things through our Savior. Life is not going to be easy, but as we come to him in prayer He is going to help us to overcome all of it! And he is going to lift us up in the last days as we strive to become like Him.
20, but as we continue to be an example and share our testimony with all those we know. He is going to bless us for our doings. It is their fault if they don't take it but at least we can say we did all that we could. And that is all we can do!
And we will be supported by our families in all that we do, they are here to cheer us on and love us. No matter where we go in the world. We are still on and one in God!
And God is never going to leave us comfortless!
I love this gospel so much and for what it has done for me and the change that I have seen in others as they turn to our Savior Jesus Christ! He has blessed my life so much and I love going to Him in prayer because I know He is listening and is here for me. I hope you all know the love that He has for us and the plan that he has and wants for us. Continue to share your light and testimony with others and I know that you will be blessed! I love you all so much and hope you have the most amazing week ever!


















No comments:
Post a Comment