Wednesday, July 21, 2021

The Rain!!!


 Monday, June 30, 2021

Hello  everyone, I hope that you have all had a good week and that things are going well for you all. Today Elle and Mckay got married and I am so happy for them! I was able to video call in and it was so much fun. To be able to be a part of it and feel the joy and the love! 

This week has been a fun week! At the beginning of the week we were able to have mini- exchanges, and they were a lot of fun. We went over to our sister's area and were able to spend some time over there. 


This week we got to see Gaylene twice, we went over to have a lesson on Wednesday. We talked about a lot of questions that she had, to clear things up and help her

see the best thing for her to do is to come to church in person. We are still working on it! One thing that she said to us was I have been reading the Book of Mormon with an intent to find something wrong with it, something that I can take and say this is why I don't want to be a part of the church. She said that she finds something then keeps reading and her question gets answered, haha. I looked at her right in the face and said go for it, try and find something wrong because you will not be able to. This is from our Savior and he made it for

us. It is really cool to see the change that she has been making. 


And then we were able to go over on Saturday and take her some cookies. We were able to meet her dog and he is so cute. He reminded me of my little dog Sammy! I miss my dogs, but it was so cool to be able to share a scripture and help her prepare for her lesson on Wednesday. We are going to teach her the plan of salvation, and I am so excited! 

This week got pretty chilly. It got into the 90's

so I got to wear my pants and that made me so happy! 


We went to Centro Hispano this week and we had a FULL class. Two new people and they are all learning and improving so it is so much fun to get to know all of them and to build relationships with them. Showing them that as we turn to our Savior Jesus Christ we will be able to do all things even though it can be hard! 


And then on Wednesday it rained, it felt so good! All of the sudden I heard thunder and thought it was our neighbors upstairs and then we looked outside and it was pouring rain. It was so much fun, we ran out and just were standing in it. It felt so good, I have not seen rain in so long. It was a warm rain and felt so good to be out in it and get the feel of rain on your skin, it was quick, it only lasted about 10 minutes but I enjoyed every minute and then the ground was dry and it was hot outside! 


We were able to go to help Elder Ford and Wright out with a couple that they are teaching, they wanted to have the Sisters over! Yes they did, hehe so we were more than willing to help! We walked into their apartment and the AC went out. It was not too bad, surprisingly I wasn't dying. But we had some interesting Popeyes chicken and had a good conversation about the Book of Mormon, and invited Avery, the guy, to church. Well let's just say, after four missionaries inviting someone to church it’s hard to say no, so he said yes. Pressure?? I think not! But it will be really good for him to go! 


On Friday we got a call from Elder Hill and Renalds, it was 4:15 and they called us asking if we were going to be going to their baptism and 5. We said no we don't have anyone that we are teaching coming. We heard a pause on the phone and they said well do you think you could make cookies for us in time for that. WHAT! I don't know if we can do that. Well being the nice sister that we are, we said yes we will hurry. How many batches do you want? Oh, I think 2 would work, well to say the least we ran around and made two batches of cookies in about 45 minutes. It was fast and furious but fun. Of course we got there late and Prez. and Sister Rodarte were there, at the end Sister Rodarte came up to us and asked if we had someone coming that didn't show up. No, we had some elders who needed cookies at the last minute. She laughed and said “Wow, elders you got to love them!” 


Afterwards we went over to the Shakespeare’s and helped them with some yard work, trimming some rose bushes and helping them with other things that they needed. It was fun to be able to see them and have some good laughs! 

Yesterday we had a really good church service! Both talks were about the 4th of July and the reason that we celebrate! It was so fun to be able to hear about our Nation and our history but also how the church comes into play and how it all ties together! We went back to the Shakespeare’s for dinner and had an amazing home cooked meal and spent some time with them! 


And then we went to the park and found some amazing people who are ready for the Church in their lives! I am super excited we found 9 people this week and even better we had 6 people at church! They all loved it and all had something to say about it! It was cool to hear all of them talk about how the gospel has blessed them and that we talk about our nation and the blessings it has brought us all! 


It was a week full of the same things but at the same time there is always a twist and it is fun to see what that is going to be! 


I want to share with you all a personal study that I had this week. For me it was another sign of how God answers my prayers and how He hears us individually. 


As life goes you have ups and downs if it wasn't the case we wouldn't be human. But after waking up and doing some things in the morning I started my reading in the Book of Mormon where I left off and that was Alma 17, this chapter is so dear to my heart! During this whole chapter I was able to find things to relate to me, but also received answers to prayers! I encourage you all to go read this chapter or any chapter in the Book of Mormon after praying and trying to receive help. I know that this book was and has been given to us for a reason. To help us during this time and to help us grow our relationship with our Father and Savior but also build our testimony! 


But today I want to share Alam 17:2-3,9-11


 2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.


 3 But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God.


 9 And it came to pass that they journeyed many days in the wilderness, and they fasted much and prayed much that the Lord would grant unto them a portion of his Spirit to go with them, and abide with them, that they might be an instrument in the hands of God to bring, if it were possible, their brethren, the Lamanites, to the knowledge of the truth, to the knowledge of the baseness of the traditions of their fathers, which were not correct.


 10 And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted.


 11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.


I have come to love these verses a lot 2 and 3 because of it talking about how they were still his brethren in the Lord and they were able to rejoice about it  but they were willing to help one another out, they were willing and wanting to receive revelation for themselves but also the people that they were teaching and ministering to. So they gave themselves unto much fasting and prayer unto the lord. They wanted something so they did everything in their power to get it! But when they did it they did it with the power and authority of God! When we do anything we should be doing it with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, by our side because He is the only one who can help us. In the good, in the bad, happy and sad. He is the one person in our life who will be there for it all, cheering us on and lifting us up. He is the one person in my life I don't want to let down and I am not. But also my Brother, my friend I will never let leave my life. It reminded me of a poem you probably know but it is called Footprints by Margaret Fishbak Powers. I encourage you all to go and read it. It has helped me a lot! 

But then verse 9-11, When the sons of Mosiah were going they did it with our Savior they made sure that they were going to have his spirit with them. So when something did happen they were able to know what God wanted the people to know and how he could help them. I love verse 10 where it says "Be comforted. And they were comforted." When we have the Holy Ghost with us we can help us feel peace, he can calm us. He is going to be there to comfort us and help us with whatever we are in need of. And then going into verse 11 be patient, endure it, hold onto the Iron Rod, it won't be easy but you will be blessed for holding on. But be an example that our Savior can use us as an example and to be the instruments that he needs us to be to show everyone around the world and our friends the blessings that they can receive being a disciple of our savior Jesus Christ! ( The Plan of Salvation) 

I am going to quote a little bit of verse 12 that took courage and declared unto them the word of God. 


Let us all take courage, and do it with the lord. For ourselves and for others. To be able to go through life and know that during hard times we will be able to make it, " take courage" and hold onto our Savior. And when you are doing good, help others know of the love that God has for them. 


I love you all so much and hope you have the most amazing week ever. Remember I love you and our Savior loves you! 


I would love to hear from you all! I hope you have an amazing 4th of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...