Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Hello everyone, I hope that you are doing well! First week of school and bet you are all killing it. This was my first week in my new Spanish area, I am in Henderson, and I am with all of the rich Latinos in my area. If anyone knows Nevada I am in Anthem the bad and boushey. It makes it fun and interesting. 

First I am in the Spanish area called Desert Bloom 2 and my companion is Hermana Wright and she has been out for one transfer. I am second transfer training her and she is really cute. 


I went and said goodbye to all of my friends in my last area and it was so sad. There are going to be a lot of people that I am going to miss but am also going to be able to go back and visit. I was very blessed to be able to be in that area and meet the people that I did. I had a lot of good relationships and I was able to grow a lot. 


I am going to miss centro hispano but we do teach a small English class and then teach a few people in the week. I am excited to get to know all of them and help them grow their Spanish. 


We were surprised and got to go to the temple on Tuesday morning! It was fire, the most amazing thing ever. I miss the temple and when I get home I can’t wait


to go back every week! We were able to go with our zone and some other missionaries. I loved to be able to see some friends and then the best part was the spirit inside the temple. They are chosen blessed houses of God for a reason and I am going to make sure that I keep myself righteous and pure to enter into the temple any time of any day so I can prove to the Lord that I am one of his chosen servants so I will be "recommended to the Lord!" I love to see the temple, and I am blessed to be able to enter the temple. 


We had an amazing mission training about the Book of Mormon, about studying it and being receptive to the spirit. Our study should be the best part of our day and we should make the best of it. It helped me to get a new view of WHO I want to be but also WHAT I want to become. I

have come to love the Book of Mormon so much and happy news, I just finished it for the second time on my mission!!! 

Sports night was a lot of volleyball and we had 3 people come that are not in the ward. It was fun to be able to get to know some of the ward members. 


I am going to have a good district this transfer, first, District Council was a lot of fun. Being able to get to know some more new people and make myself stronger with good people around me is going to be a lot of fun. I am going to miss my old district but it is going to be exciting!!! 


We had dinner at all of these little latina ladies this week, they are all so cute. It is crazy that no matter where you


go there are people who have money and some that don't. But all of them are so kind and nice to us and give us all that they have. It makes my heart melt and I am so grateful. I pray every day that they are blessed with the things that they need. 


Saturday we went and cleen the church and it was so fun to meet some more people. It was a good way to do service and help them. And then we went over to our ward mission leader's house and helped pick weeds at his


house. It felt so GOOD to be outside and got one with the world! They got us this yummy thing called bowlology and it was so good, a fruity meal! 


He helped us with our car's tire pressure and it was fun. I know a little more than I think about cars and I know that my great grandpa Ed would be so proud of me. 


I met a lady that we are teaching named Claudia and she is so cute learning more and coming closer to God! I can wait to work with her. 


We went street contacting at one of the parks and we met 4 people and one of them was golden. We talked to him for 30 minutes and it was in the right place at the right time kind of a situation. It is really cool to be able to help him and we can't wait to see what the missionaries in his area can help him with! 

First Sunday in the area was a lot of fun. My head was hurting by the end of it but it was so much fun for it all to be in Spanish. There are so many amazing people in my Branch! It is going to be fun to get to know them. If any of you have learned a different language and have any advice I would really appreciate it! We had a good Sunday night but haha funny thing, we moved into another apartment. This was my 9th time moving and well to say the least I get faster and faster or it is just normal at this moment. 


Thank you everyone that emails me, I appreciate it. 


This week I would love to share with you, Moroni 10:32 


32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and

deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.


I love this so much, I think that it is a good end to the Book of Mormon. Ending with the most important thing CHRIST!  Come unto him and repent, repentance is not a bad thing, it helps us become clean and more like our Savior Jesus Christ. That is how we become like him. Show him your willingness and your sacrifice (all that you have) and he is going to give you what you NEED! By His grace and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we are made new, we know that someone loves us and because

of that we have our families forever and get ALL the blessings that he has in store for us! And the power of the priesthood, that is the power of God given to man on earth today to help us and guide us. I love the priesthood so so so and know that it is from God and given to us for a reason. We all have the power of God if we are WORTHY. Remember that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God and he is here to help us, we just need to come unto him, become like him and ONE way that we do that is by reading the Book of Mormon. 


I love you all and hope you have a good week! 














No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One!!!

I can't believe that this has come to an end, at the beginning I thought this day would never come and now look where I am at. I am so b...