As a district this week we had a goal of finding 100 new people. And by Friday we found 101, and at the end of the week we found 128. And me and my companion found 28 people that week. It was such an amazing week full of miracles. There was one day we went street contacting for 2 hours, we did Facebook finding earlier that day and also more street contacting. So we had only found one person that day. We sat down and said a prayer for help, that Heavenly Father would help us. And in 30 minutes we found 5 people. It was so amazing, no matter what happens in life GOD WILL PROVIDE! It was so amazing and blessed to see how God helped provide for us all week. On Friday night we needed to find one more person, we prayed and all of the sudden I saw these two ladys and b-lined it for them, my comp. finally noticed and we talked to them. They were the people that we needed to find, God will help us whenever we need it!
I love Centro Hispano and am going to miss all the people that I have gotten to know during this time. It has been a good learning experience for me!
We were able to have a good lesson with Gaylene. It was so sad because when we walked in I could feel that this was my last lesson with her. We were able to help her resolve some questions that she has had. At the end the spirit was so strong, I was able to share my testimony with her and I told her never to give up, don't let her doubt take control, but to remember the spirit that she has felt and hold onto that. I love her so much I remember the first time that we went to her house to help her with her bike she looked at me and said you aren't going to convert me. I walked out of that lesson and remember saying to Sister Beaudette, Watch me!
Knowing we would win we have the spirit on our side. And that is what we have done, she has changed so much and continues to. I can't wait for the day to see her baptized.
This week we were on the phone with some of the Spanish elders about Centro Hispano, and all of the sudden we hear the elder on the phone say, "my companion just got peed on by a cat!" I couldn't stop laughing, it was one of the best parts of my day, how do you get peed on by a cat, well that Elder would know.
We were driving home from the elders and all of the sudden we pulled out to go on Nellis and this lady fell out of her scooter and couldn't get up. It was the saddest thing. We hurried and backed the car up and ran out to help. She was so sweet and we were blessed to be there at that moment to help her. I am blessed to be able to have that experience.
Other then that this week has been good and crazy, I would like to share with you all Ether 4:7
7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are.
I love the story about the brother of Jared. The faith that this man had. He was willing to be humble and faithful and do anything for the Lord. To know how he could help the people. I love that God pushed him to go and find something that he had to make light out of. Sometimes in life God will put us in situations where we have to figure it out. It is not just handed to us. I think he looks at us and laughs a bit and says keep trying, but you got it. It is coming, just keep going a little more. And that is when we are ready to give up and give in.
Not wanting to try anymore, but he is there holding out hands and giving us the guidance and the love that we need. This scripture talks about faith, faith is so important all we need. Just to believe and have faith and when we do that everything is going to work out. He is going to give us the revelation that we are in need of and help us through our lives. I love my Father and older brother and all that they have done for me and continue to do for me.
I hope that you all have an amazing week and continue to find the way God is blessing you in your life!
No comments:
Post a Comment